Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Love is all you need


"Distractions" Watercolor, 18x21 (I think?)

I've come to realize over the past year that when I paint or sketch, the quality of each work increases with the love I put into it. When I think of giving my work to someone, it's much more meaningful and fun. Maybe it's not the best I did (maybe it is), but it's delightful and very emotional for me.

Drawing for someone opposed to being asked to draw something is different. I feel like I should note that.

This particular piece, "Distractions", is a gift to my boyfriend. It is composed of memories we've shared in the past six months. This boy has opened my eyes to possibilities that never crossed my mind. He's every word, every line, and everything to me. Thank you for flying me to the moon and blowing my mind.

Now I'm pumped up for some serious sketching. The weekend was fun with lots of friends, and tons of distractions, but it's back to the sketchbook for me! There's some fun sketches of painting ideas that I'll be posting soon!

1 comment: